I didn’t have much time to work on my new crazyflie today but I had to make some progress somehow. I decided to mount the motors in the motor mounts since I could do it sitting on the couch with minimal tools and preparation. A twist on the motors’ wire pairs would make the motor installation cleaner and more tidy, so it was with that in mind that I embarked on this task. The process was pretty simple, though the thin wires took a delicate touch and feeding them through the motor mounts took patience and finesse.
I grabbed the stripped end of the black and white wires on each of the motors with a pair of tweezers. Then, I slowly started twisting the wires between my thumb and forefinger starting as close to the motor as I could. I twisted tightly (but gently) until I neared the stripped ends in the tweezers. In the image, the motor with the tightly twisted wires is finished and the one on the right is in process.
Once the wires were as twisted as I wanted them, I slowly fed them through the channel in the bottom of the motor mounts. Once through, I carefully seated the motors into the buckets, making sure the wires did not get pinched once the motor was fully installed. It took a little time and an eye for detail but the finished product came out just as I had hoped. It was an easy task for the end of a busy day.